The NPA is run by volunteers like you, who benefit from the friendship and shared experience of plant lovers working together. If you'd like to help, volunteer now. Our members include some of the area’s most knowledgeable gardeners, and they are always happy to share information. The more you volunteer, the more you learn.
Here are ways you can help:
- Take your pick of two great NPA sales: our March Mania Plant Sale, which kicks off the gardening season, and our big NPA Spring Plant Sale in April.
- All kinds of jobs for every skill imaginable. Your reward is the opportunity to scope out the best plants before the hordes arrive.
Open your garden, once, twice, or as many times as you like. To get in on the fun of hosting an Open Garden, click here.
Border volunteers gain hands-on gardening knowledge from the experts at the NPA Border at the Bellevue Botanical Garden. Every Thursday at 10 am.
Northwest Flower & Garden Show volunteers staff the NPA booth. Volunteers enjoy free admission to the show in exchange for working one three-hour shift, selling the benefits of NPA membership.
Join a committee. The NPA has several committees that keep the organization running. Here’s just a partial description of what they do:
- Education & Lectures—books speakers and runs symposiums
- Communications & Publicity—handles PR for NPA events
- Finance—works on planning for budgets and fundraising
- Membership—greets members at NPA events, promotes NPA membership benefits and runs neighborhood groups
- Volunteers—organizes the people who volunteer to work at NPA events and tracks hours
- To get contact information about the committee you’re interested in, email us or call 425-647-6004.
Become a Board member.To learn more, go to NPA organization.